UA-47071945-1

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

An exciting year: 2013 in review.


As I look forward to this new beginning, I must reflect on the year that got me here. First, I am dedicating this post to three very special people I reigned in the New Year with. The first being my ever so patient husband, Ryan. He endures the never ending craft projects laying all over the house, our bank account slowly depleting by some lady named JoAnn, and my décor commitment issues. And he never complains about it. I LOVE HIM. I surely could not have a blog without his support, or rather, silence ;). The second very special person is my 2.5 month old son, Troy Joseph. He is amazing and his smile lights up my life. He doesn’t know it yet, but he will be an integral part of this blog as well. That leaves my dear friend, Suzannah, who has been encouraging me to start a blog since about as long as I’ve known her. She is my cheerleader, tech support, design specialist and crafting compadre. I surely would not be able to do this without her on-going help and support. And I know she will be the first person to read this post-thank you Suzannah!

In 2013 we...

Brought in the year with some good friends in N. Portland. About a month later, I got the exciting news that we were expecting a baby! I enlisted the help of Ryker and Stella to tell Ryan they were getting a sibling. 


Had East coast visitors, visited the Oregon Zoo for the first time, split our first grass-fed cow with some friends and went back to our alma matter to watch my little brother graduate from college. 


Threw a Gender Reveal Party for our immediate family. We stood in anticipation of what color the balloons would be.


Vacationed in Long Beach, WA (where we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary), Victoria, B.C. and New Orleans.


Went on an unforgettable Mediterranean cruise to Italy, France, Spain and Monaco. 


Were showered with love by our amazing family and friends.


Got BIGGER.


Gave birth to our first born son, Troy Joseph! We are so in love and couldn't imagine our lives without him!


Got pictures, pictures and more pictures!


Hosted Thanksgiving for our parents. Troy was not in a good mood that day.


Took family pictures for our first Christmas card.


Celebrated Troy's first Christmas.


Had great friends over to welcome 2014.


I am so grateful to have been blessed with such an exciting 2013. As a new mom, I cannot wait for the adventures that lay ahead. My number one goal this year is to be the best wife and mother that I can. Second, I am on the hunt for some organizational skills to help manage my personal and professional life. The latter is not going to be an easy endeavor but I hope you enjoy watching my journey as I try!








5 comments:

  1. OMG, Jessie, this is fabulous!! Great recap of an amazing year, and so excited to keep reading your blog! You are so sweet, glad you appreciate my cheerleading!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your beautiful family and busy wonderful last year. I'm looking forward to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete