A very special wedding is approaching! My brother will be tying the knot with the beautiful Mayra next month and planning is in full swing. Their honeymoon will be Hawaii so my mom and I threw my sis-in-law-to-be a LUAU bridal shower! Here is the recap:
The Grand Entrance-my dad helped me put these tiki torches along the walkway. He's also very crafty and built a fun directional sign with actual places near the couple's honeymoon destination.
The Tiki bar was definitely a highlight of the party. I added some fun coconut and hurricane cups and umbrella straws. I also made "Mayra-Tais" in honor of the bride-to-be. It was basically a twist on a Mai-Tai and they were delicious (and a little dangerous)!

Food-It's always a good idea to have the food match the party theme, and my mom went all out with the hawaiian menu. She made pulled pork, mango and pineapple salsa meatballs and coleslaw. I had fun decorating the food areas.
Games-we had some fun quizzing the bride about the groom, hula hooping and having a limbo contest. The prizes were hawaiian themed too, of course!
Gifts-the invitations requested hawaiian themed gifts so that Mayra could vacation in style. My mom and I got her travel bags and used them as a centerpiece for the gift table. Mayra was spoiled with summer clothes and accessories. Some of the ladies got her a gift certificate for a restaurant near the resort in Hawaii they will be staying at! So cool!
Thank you favors-I wanted to get favors that people would love and use. A staple of Hawaii is the pineapple and who doesn't love pineapples! Very practical and very delicious. They also made for an adorable favor table.
And little details throughout the party made it feel more like an island oasis :).
Photobooth backdrop and props-my dad likes souvenirs, my mom not so much. However, I think she was actually thankful that his collection got put to good use in the photo booth! Here is the camera roll...
Even Troy and Anthony got in on the action!
At nightfall the tiki torches were glowing, but they didn't hold a candle to this gorgeous bride-to-be!











These are gorgeous photos! You did all that decor?! OMG, impressive!! So thorough, perfect atmosphere!!
ReplyDelete